DEEP, acronym for drug-releasing electrode with enhanced properties:
Topic: this project is about the development of an implantable electrode with quantitive drug eluting capacity. Polypyrrole, a conductive polymer, is coated with platinum nanostructures and forms the basis of this innovative technology.
IMANE, acronym for Implantable Multi-contact Active Nerve Electrode, is a European Commission research project. The partners of this project are: Université Catholique de Louvain (GREN, PCPM, ISTO), Ghent University, University College London (BME, EEL), Bath University, CERLA, Applied Microengineering (A.M.L.), MATRA Electronique and Neurotech.
Topic: the aim of the project is the development of a new type of Active Neural Electrode System and a neurostimulator system that should combine:
- Stimulation and recording functions;
- Integrated components placed directly on the electrode;
- Miniaturization (low voltage requirement, blocking capacitor suppression,…);
- New silicone metallization process;
- Safe stimulation protocol (physiological studies);
- Complete transcutaneous control (external charging, RFID, …);
- Compatibility with industrialization.